4.23.2010

Upcoming Projects

I've got two projects lined up for next week.

1. I'm making a custom tankini swimsuit for one of my daughter's friends. I'm using the out of print Jalie 2006 as my inspiration.

2. One of my friends is having me embroider four beach bags with first names, and designs that match those people's personalities.

When I realized I needed to search through all of my embroidery designs for four specific designs, I realized it was time for me to face reality: I absolutely had to the dreaded embroidery design organization. This may not sound like a big deal, but when I purchased my first embroidery machine on ebay years ago, enclosed was a CD with literally hundreds of designs on it. Add to that the many designs I've ordered from internet providers over the year. These were all sorted haphazardly and it was always a lucky day if I could find exactly what I was looking for.

It took me three days to get them all sorted, but I now feel like I can go forward with new projects with a clearer mind. This always really bugged me, but now... it is DONE!

See all those Embroidery Designers over on the side bar? I didn't realize how many of them there were, but I'm putting them on a link list as kind of a 'bookmark' for me and to help any of you that are looking for new designs. There are some seriously cute applique designs out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment